The trauma specialist and EMDR therapist with a passion for helping you heal the hurt
Lara Garibian, MA, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, has dedicated her career to working with people affected by trauma, especially those who have suffered abuse.
A relationship based on honesty, trust, and unconditional positive regard
At her private practice, she provides her clients with a safe, confidential, judgment-free environment. She invests in her clients from the heart and focuses on creating a healthy and loving relationship. She helps you build confidence and work through your difficulties so you can evolve emotionally and personally. Most of all, she respects you as a unique individual with your own incredible story—and challenges you to fulfill your potential and achieve your dreams.
The education and experience to help you overcome difficulties
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy from Pacific Oaks College
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from California State University, Los Angeles
- Lara began her training at The Mothers’ Club Learning Center, where she provided group and individual therapy to mothers with young children.
- She has experience working at San Fernando Valley Community Mental Health, Inc., a county contracted community mental health agency. There, Lara worked with children, teenagers, adults, and families with an array of mental health difficulties.
- Lara has worked with a multitude of populations and cultures serving as a trilingual therapist, with fluency in Spanish and Armenian.
Certifications and Trainings including EMDR Therapy:
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional through the International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Certified Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapist
- Trained in evidenced based practices such as Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Managing and Adapting Practices, and Seeking Safety
- Trained in the Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM).
Teaching and Community Service as a Trauma Specialist:
- Guest lecturer at Pepperdine University
- Presenter on mental health issues throughout the community.
Conveniently located in the greater Los Angeles area
Lara serves clients throughout the greater Los Angeles area including Burbank, Encino, Glendale, La Canada, Montrose, La Cresenta, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Sherman Oaks, Granda Hills, Northridge, Simi Valley, Tarzana, and Woodland Hills.